Silly Free Santa...Max is not a Girl!

Approximately 75 percent of the conversations in our house these days have to do with Santa, Rudolph or Frosty. The other 25 percent are about Lightning McQueen, of course. Sometimes the two worlds collide when I am asked to make Lightning McQueen talk to Santa, and I'm at a loss for what the two might talk about.

We wake up in the morning hearing Harry singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" over the monitor. We hear him singing "Jingle Bells" or "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" over the monitor at bedtime.
So when Rob told him we were going to see Santa, Harry said: "I go to the North Pole?"
Logical thinking based on the songs we had been singing, but we explained that we were going to wait in line to see Santa at the zoo. When we got to the front of the line and Harry laid his eyes on Santa for the first time, just a mere 12 feet away, he said, very earnestly: "I AM A GOOD BOY!"


This is Santa. SANTA! You can tell my nervousness by the way I am holding my hands. So exciting.
Baby Max, umm, he just doesn't care at all. Give me all his trucks. I definitely get it, Santa.
In this video, you can see Harry's nervousness kicking in, as he refuses to look directly at Santa for awhile, until it is possible that he will lose out on the opportunity to tell Santa what he wants for Christmas. Then, he is entirely focused. You may not be surprised to hear what Harry asks Santa to bring him for Christmas ;) Also, free Santa at the zoo got a lot of stuff wrong. He initially thought Harry was Cary, and also thought Max was a girl. Baby boys can wear cute animal hoodies too!
video

Zoo lights at Lincoln Park Zoo is one of my very favorite holiday traditions. It looks like you've stepped into Whoville or some other magical land. Take a look:

Daddy and the boys.

And Mommy.

1 comment:

SweetWICK said...

I love the scrunched up face in the second pic. Neat blog! Good job!