Harry's First Birthday (and First Sugar High)

To mark Harry's first year, we got the families together at Grandma's house for a little party, with cake and presents. (Thanks everyone for making the drive!)


Notice the paper...(cahrs, cahrs)


Maybe I should eat it?


Aunt Steph gets arty with her camera. Aren't chubby baby hands the cutest?


Meltdown alert! I am overstimulated!


I mean it!


OK, I'm calm now. Get me some cake!


Hmmmm....


Make that Mmmmmmmm........


Sugar crash



After the party, Aunt Steph brought out her Xbox and the game "Rockband." OK, I thought, we'll give it a shot, play a game or two, then probably head home.

EIGHT hours later, Rob had a blister on his hand from playing Rockband guitar. We were all going blind from watching the game on the TV, but we could not stop!
How could we, with Grandpa playing Foo Fighters on the drums? Grandma sang Radiohead twice. Aunt Steph sang for nearly ALL of the 8 hours we played. And you should see Uncle Joe and Uncle Aaron on the medium level!

Harry watched us a for a few minutes, then amazingly went to sleep in the room above us. During one David Bowie song where Rob was singing and I was playing drums, Harry laughed so hard at his parents that he shed tears. (And he's only one. I can't wait until he's a teenager.)


It started innocent enough. Grandpa plays drums while Dad rocks out on guitar.


Dad sings David Bowie, while Uncle Aaron takes over on guitar.


I don't understand why Harry was laughing at us. I mean, look how awesome I am on drums.

No comments: