Indy 500 mini-marathon


We headed to Indy a couple weekends ago for the Indy 500 half-marathon, where part of the race is run on the speedway track. We thought it would be a very appropriate first race to take little Harry to.


"I thought you said this was the Indy 500. Where are the cars? All I see are people running? If I don't see a car soon, I'm going back to my nap."


After the race, the runners -- Mom (who was extremely happy to finish), Uncle Jeff (who completed his first half-marathon just 10 months after donating a kidney. That's right, a kidney. We think we'll keep him around), cousin Randy (who was very fast, and shared the great tip that beer will help you recover from a long race) and Aunt Kathy (who was speedy herself despite an injury.)


"Mom, I was very nervous that you wouldn't finish."


"But you did! Yay! Is that salt all over your face?"


"Whatever...Look! There's an airplane!!! (the latest part of Harry's transportation-themed obsession)

Harry also got to hang out in cousin Cameron's room -- which is all about Thomas the Train and Bob the Builder.

"I did not know such a beautiful land as this existed."


"Syd, I am very busy playing Thomas right now." (he did say "Syd!" this weekend!)


"I'll be ready to run the race next year!"

No comments: